What to expect at our Labor & Delivery Preparation class
Learn all you need to know for the birth of your baby in this course taught by a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse.
The course includes education, conversation and hands-on demonstration for labor and delivery, as well as ways your partner can support you through labor.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Cost*: Private $300/Group $150
- Pregnancy discomforts and remedies
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Routine testing done in pregnancy by your doctor or midwife
- Preparing for labor and knowing when to call your doctor
- Contraction patterns and breathing techniques
- Natural childbirth
- Pain management options during labor
- Vaginal deliveries and cesarean sections
- Recovering after delivery
- This class also provides hands-on demonstrations of ways your partner can support you
*cost for client and one support person