What to expect at our private childbirth for multiples class
This comprehensive class helps families with the pregnancy and birthing process for twins & triplets.
This is an exclusively private class taught by a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse and includes education, conversation and hands-on demonstration for labor and delivery, as well as ways your partner can support you.
Class Duration: 3 hours
- Aches, discomforts and remedies for pregnancy with twins or triplets
- Emotional and physical challenges for a twin or triplet pregnancy
- Dealing with potential bed rest
- Pregnancy complications, warning signs and when to call your doctor
- Testing during pregnancy for multiples done by your doctor or midwife
- Premature babies and the NICU
- Anatomy and physiology of a twin or triplet pregnancy
- Preparing for labor and knowing when to call your doctor
- Contraction patterns and breathing techniques
- Natural childbirth
- Pain management during labor or a cesarean section
- Delivery scenarios for multiples: both vaginal and caesarean delivery
- Recovering after delivery
- Preparing your home - what you need two or three of!