What to expect at our breastfeeding basics class
This class is taught by a Registered Nurse and Lactation Specialist.
Breastfeeding basics prepares you for breastfeeding your newborn. It is a valuable opportunity to discuss initiating breastfeeding, various feeding positions, skin-to-skin contact, and ensuring a successful latch. The course also includes a short video to demonstrate latching your baby during breastfeeding.
Class Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost*: Private $150/Group $75
- The health benefits for both mothers and babies from breastfeeding
- The anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
- How our bodies make milk
- The in's-and-out's of poops and pees of a breastfed baby
- The first hour of life after delivery
- Skin to skin contact with your baby after delivery and beyond
- Initiating and sustaining a successful latch
- Positioning your baby during breastfeeding
- Pumping and safe storage of breast milk
- When to bottle feed or supplement for your baby
*cost for client and one support person